According to dictionary.com commitment is the following:
- a pledge or promise; obligation
- engagement; involvement
- an order, as by a court or judge, confining a person to a mental institution or hospital.
- The trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose
- The act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action
- The act of pledging or engaging; the act of exposing, endangering, or compromising; also, the state of being pledged or engaged
I guess I feel all commitment comes with some form of risk. But, I also feel that it is the risk that makes the committing worth it. So, I find myself looking across the table (with a steadfast gaze) and I bind myself to what I see... taking a risk, pledging the next ten minutes at a time, knowing that I have all the time in the world to ask for more.